CeIBA has a Director, Associate Director, and Assistant Director forming its directorship. The Directorship will rotate positions every two years. After the Director’s two year term, the Associate Director will move into the Director’s position, and the Assistant Director will move into the Associate Director’s position. The purpose of this rotation is to maintain consistency and facilitate collaboration.
The duties of the directorship are:
- To aggressively pursue external funding.
- To supervise graduate and undergraduate researchers.
- To make decisions on the applications of visiting scholars and researchers.
- To supervise the maintenance of CeIBA’s Public Presence.
In academic year 2014-2015, the directorship is:
- Catherine M. Mazak, Director
- Rosita L. Rivera, Associate Director
- Sandra L. Soto Santiago, Assistant Director
The purpose of CeIBA’s board is to advise the center on administrative and research-related matters. Board members will be invited by the Directorship to serve as consultants when necessary. The current board consists of the following scholars:
- Maria del Carmen Parafita Couto, University of Leiden
- Shannon Bischoff, IUP Fort Wayne
- Melvin Gonzalez, University of Puerto Rico, Mayagüez
The directorship selects possible board members for invitation on a yearly basis. Hence this list will develop and change over time.